September 17, 2012

He is Faithful


I love getting the chance to meet new people, however I’m also living my worst nightmare. For anyone that suffers from Palmer Hyperhidrosis, you know the pain that I’m going through. My hands tend to be “clammy” (we’ll stick with that descriptive word), so meeting so many new people, means shaking so many new hands. And who likes a clammy hand? Ugh, it’s the worst. Hah, but oh well, all you can do is laugh about it, right?

So, I just love Tulsa, I love the people, and I love the opportunity to grow in my walk with God. I feel like I’m in such a sweet spot.

In the past 2 weeks I’ve spent at least 45 hours at Starbucks, 12 hours at McDonalds, and 5 hours at the NRC (Rhema rec center). I didn’t have WIFI yet, so I was stealing WIFI juice from all the local joints. The main reason I need this sweet WIFI nectar was to help with the launch of Valley Family Church Online. It is basically an interactive church service with worship, announcements, a message, and a live chat room.  Because of technology we are able to reach people form around the world, no matter the time or location barriers, how neat? It has been an honor to be a part of this project.  Now that it is officially launched, go check it out! Services are every Monday night at 8 & 10 pm EDT and Saturday at 10 pm EDT. (shameless plug) www.valleyfamilychurch.tv

Like I said last time, this bird has been set free financially and I am now responsible for just about everything. This responsibility has opened up a wonderful chance for me to exercise my faith and trust in God. Well, I have to share some awesome news with you.

I’ve always believed in the importance of tithing. However, I’ve never really had a chance to tithe consistently, because I wasn’t making money consistently. Throughout college, volleyball was my job.  But, this summer opened up my first opportunity to tithe on a regular basis.  I’ve heard my dad say numerous times, “If you give God His 10%, He will bless your 90%.” I’m telling you, it is true. I get chocked up just thinking about it.

Knowing that I would soon have to pay for everything, I made sure to be extra diligent with my money this summer. I faithfully gave 10% of every pay check, I worked hard to find extra ways to make money, I rarely spent the dough, and I listened to the Holy Spirit when I thought I should give a little extra for an offering. I’ll be honest; at times my flesh didn’t want to give up any of the money.  But I knew in my spirit that it wasn’t my money anyways and if I wanted to walk in the blessings of the Lord, I had to trust him fully.

The way God has blessed me in the last couple of weeks is absolutely unreal... I was praying for another job and was just hired at a golf course down in Tulsa where I make $10 an hour plus tips! During my first night on the job, I randomly thought “wouldn’t it be cool to be handed a $100 bill.” It was a fleeting thought, but not 5 minutes later someone handed me a $100!!! I couldn’t believe it. My jaw dropped and I had to laugh. I walked away with $120 in tips on my first night! If that’s not God’s blessings and favor, I don’t know what is!

Not only that, but I recently received two unexpected checks! It was shocking, but another great reminder that God’s economy works. When we walk in wisdom, diligence, and trust in God, He will bless us. There are so many other stories I could share about how God has shown himself faithful to me, but this blog would be too long. Maybe I’ll share those stories at a different time. His Word says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. (Malachi 3:10)” Well, I put God to the test and his blessings have POURED.

His blessing haven’t just been financially either. Last year was a tough year for me. It seemed like there was a never-ending pile of disappointment. I was running on sheer will-power most of the year. I had to keep reminding myself, “This is only a season…this is only a season.” To be frank: it was one of the suckiest seasons of life I’ve ever had. No, it WAS the suckiest season of life I’ve ever experienced. But, Praise the Lord (seriously) I have made it to the other side and I feel like I’m walking in the Promised Land. Remain faithful to Him, trust in Him, and lean on Him to be your joy and strength and he most certainly will be! People say it all the time, but I’m telling you it is the absolute truth, I’ve experienced it for myself time and time again: He is Faithful! I pray that each of you reading this will be able to experience for YOURSELF God’s faithfulness.

I love life. I love God. I love where He has placed me.

And if you’re wondering: I’m still single ;). Just another opportunity for God to show Himself faithful, hah :).

No comments:

Post a Comment